As your plumbers with great experience in Sydney drain cleaning services, Ace Performance plumbing want to give you some quick plumbing tips for you to keep in mind if you ever run into any blocked drain issues.
Firstly, here are some key signs that you may have a blocked drain:
- Is your toilet bubbling / gurgling
- Is the water slow to drain from your toilets, basins or bath tubs
- Is water overflowing outside after you have used your washing machine
- Is there a bad smell and you think your drains are blocked
- If you think you have a water leak, it is quite easy to check. Your water meter reading will change - when you are not using any water. (To check this; write down the indicator on your water meter and then do not use any water for 1 hour). Then check the meter again, if it has moved then you may have a leak.
- Always be aware of how to turn off your water meter and hot water system in case of an emergency.
- Do not put anything you are not supposed to, down a toilet.
Why does your drain block up?
There are many reasons that your drain could block up. The main reasons your blocked drains in Sydney can block up vary, but below are some to keep in mind so you know what to avoid:
- The drain has been effected by tree roots (as tree roots look for water and can damage sewer lines under the ground)
- Fat, oil and grease that goes down our drains rather than in the rubbish can solidify in the drain pipes, gradually causing blockages.
- People placing things down the toilet that should not be flushed down a toilet.
- Collapsed pipework. This can happen over time, due to the ground moving or if the pipework is not supported sufficiently underground and then it can drop away. (Also, if this occurs, tree roots can more easily enter the collapsed pipework), causing blockages in your drainage.
- We can use our special CCTV Drain camera to check your drainage pipes, so you can see what is causing the problem and where it is in your pipes - just ask for our Blocked Drain and Camera service today.
We have years of experiences with blocked drains in Sydney so do not hesitate to call us for advice.